Friday, September 11, 2009

NEVER FORGET!!!!

9/11/01 Where was I? We landed at the airport on our way back from Hawaii, our wedding and our honeymoon. Walking in the house just as plane 2 hit, we stood in disbelief. What a stripping of innocence we experienced individually and as a country. So many returned to their spiritual beliefs and the churches filled. Many returned to patriotism and the flags flew. We were united and kinder to one another. Today, 9/11/09, is your kindness, patriotism, and spiritual life as strong as it was eight short years ago?

My prayer is for peace for the ones who have lost loved ones and friends involved in any way, prayer for courage for those who still sacrifice for our country at home and on foreign soil, prayer for wisdom for those who are designated as leaders of our government, our educational facilities, and our houses of worship, and prayer for healing our country of ignorance, poverty, and selfishness, and transforming us into what we can be, strong and united.

2 Chronicles 7:14 -15 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered… “

"No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere: I see Heaven's glories shine. And faith shines equal, arming me from fear-Emily Bronte

No comments: